One of our displays this month is on the topic of emergency preparedness. We have a copy of an adult first aid/CPR booklet from the American Red Cross, which is available for free online. We have four checklists that you can take and use to put together your own emergency kit:
- Basic emergency kit
- Additional items for your emergency kit
- Basic first aid kit
- Emergency kit for your pet(s)
And we challenge you to make this the month that you put together your own emergency preparedness kit and plan! We’re adding a clipboard to the table, so you can write down the actions you’ve taken for your household in this area. For example, have you…
- Prepared an emergency plan with family, friends, or neighbors?
- Prepared an emergency kit for your home (and/or workplace or car)?
- Memorized important numbers, or programmed an ICE (In Case of Emergency) number into your phone?
- Put a sign in your window to tell rescue workers about the pets in your home?
As a community, let’s be prepared – for ourselves and each other.