Did you miss Geek Con (or attend, but forget to pick up a trivia sheet)? Apparently our trivia questions – across four categories – were fiendishly hard! Try your hand at them here:
Movies & TV
- In the Doctor Who episode “The Christmas Invasion,” what six words does the Doctor use to bring down Prime Minister Harriet Jones?
- In Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope, who calls whom a “walking carpet”?
- In the TV series Firefly, name all the crew members on Serenity.
- In Guardians of the Galaxy, Groot’s only line is “I am Groot.” What is the one exception?
- In Futurama, how does the Professor begin every announcement?
- In the original Civilization game, which historical figure is known for being uncharacteristically aggressive due to a programming glitch?
- Which classic game was the first video game to allow players to save their progress?
- What is the blue shell in Mario Kart actually called?
- Which installment of Final Fantasy first contained chocobos?
- What are the three Pokemon Go teams?
- Who is the first person/creature that Lucy meets when she travels through the wardrobe into Narnia?
- What is the first sentence of A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle?
- Exam time! At Hogwarts, what does O.W.L. stand for? What about N.E.W.T.?
- What is Lyra’s daemon’s name in the His Dark Materials series by Philip Pullman?
- In American Gods by Neil Gaiman, what does Shadow give his dead wife?
- In Squirrel Girl, who is Doreen’s furry sidekick?
- In Deadpool, what is his wife’s name?
- In Saga, who is the author of Alana and Marko’s favorite book?
- In Fables, which one of Snow and Bigby’s children takes over for the North Wind?
- In Sandman, Delirium was once …?
The cake is …?
C. A lie
D. All of the above