Have you been considering writing about your life or your family?
Do friends and family tell you, “You should write that down!”
If the answer is yes: you’ll want to attend this lively presentation.
Lynette Benton, published writer, writing instructor, coach, and blogger, will cover: the rewards of writing short or long life stories for friends and family, engaging topics to write about, tips for getting started, making your writing fun for you and your readers, and resources. Join us Tuesday July 12 from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm in the Robbins Library Community Room.
In the meantime, here are some suggested titles to help jump start your writing:
- On writing : a memoir of the craft by Stephen King
- Handling the truth : on the writing of memoir by Beth Kephart
- The art of memoir by Mary Karr
- The situation and the story : the art of personal narrative by Vivian Gornick
- How to write your life story : the complete guide to creating a personal memoir by Karen Ulrich
Or get started with this selection of ebooks on memoir writing from the Commonwealth eBook Collection.