Maybe you’ve been gearing up for NaNoWriMo for weeks or months already; maybe you don’t know what it is (it’s National Novel Writing Month, and it takes place every year in November) but you like the idea of writing a novel.
Either way, mark your calendars for the NaNoWriMo kickoff planning session on Saturday, October 31, from 10am-noon in the Robbins Library Conference Room. There’s a lot to do before you pen (or type) that first sentence…
- Meet other NaNoWriMo participants
- Brainstorm your setting and characters
- Outline your plot
- Research (the library has books, databases, magazines, newspapers, and other resources for any topic you can imagine!)
- Share writing tips and strategies
- Get inspired, get motivated!
The official NaNoWriMo website has lots of prep resources too, from a character-building questionnaire to writing prompts to pep talks from authors. Get ready, get set…November is just around the corner!