Did you make a reading-related resolution last year? Maybe you…
- …participated in a reading challenge?
- …chose a set number of books to read?
- …tackled a classic?
- …joined a book group?
- …read an award-winning book?
- …set up an account with a social reading site like Goodreads or LibraryThing?
- …kept a list of books you’ve read, or books you want to read?
- …tried reading something out of your comfort zone?
- …downloaded an e-book or digital audiobook from the library for the first time?
If you did any of these things, please share in the comments! If you didn’t and you’d like to…well, that’s what 2015 is for! Linda has already created a handy guide to the various reading challenges on the internet, and of course you can always invent your own.
If you aren’t sure where to start, why not attend one of the library book groups? The book chat is a great place to get recommendations.
If you can’t make it to the book chat this month, you can still get a great book suggestion to kick off your 2015 reading; try one of our favorites! Or if you’d rather get personalized recommendations to suit your reading taste, fill out our Reader’s Preference Form.
Remember, pleasure reading is for pleasure. If you’re not enthusiastic about a book you’re reading, put it down and try another one! (Trust me…there’s more where that came from.) The year I resolved to put down books I wasn’t enjoying or learning from was a great year.
What are your past and future bookish resolutions? Leave a comment!